COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our Products or Website, you may be asked for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number.
By giving us such information, you will need to consent by using it in the manner described in this policy.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at [email protected] We will return or destroy your personal information within five days of receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
All security on our Website is treated seriously. Where applicable, we undertake security steps, including use of SSL technology, on our back-end systems that store customer account information and to protect data transmissions. However, this is not a guarantee that such data transmissions cannot be accessed, altered or deleted due to firewall or other security software failures.
If you have any further concerns about security, please email our Customer Service team
- Information We Collect
SET TV may collect the following information from or about you:
- Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us. For instance, when you register to use the SET TV Services, we may collect your name, email address, birth date, gender, credit card information, billing address, ZIP code, and other information. In addition, SET TV may collect information you provide to us when you respond to surveys, set your preferences, contact SET TV through customer service or by other means, or participate in promotions that SET TV may offer from time to time. SET TV also allows multiple profiles to be set up under one account, so we may collect information you provide to us if you create a profile.
- Usage and Log Data. We collect information when you use the SET TV Services or view SET TV advertising outside of the SET TV Services. Examples of this information may include your IP address, device, browser and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), location (which may include precise location data), activity on the SET TV Services including information about the videos you view on SET TV (e.g., show titles and episode names), page views, ad data, referral URLs, network state, device identifiers or other unique identifiers such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and identifiers associated with browser cookies (see our description of “Cookies and Local Storage” below), and carrier information.
- Data Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies. Like many online services, we use various technologies to collect usage data and store preferences. We may collect information through other kinds of local storage (also referred to as “Flash cookies”) and HTML5 local storage, including in connection with features such as volume/mute settings for the Video Player. Because these technologies are similar to browser cookies, they are sometimes called “browser cookies,” even though they may be stored in different parts of your computer. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. For information about disabling cookies or deleting information contained in Flash cookies, please click here. Please note that disabling cookies or deleting information contained in cookies or Flash cookies may interfere with the performance and features of the SET TV Services, including the Video Player. For example, we may not be able to store your preferences or login information or customize the Content and advertising to your viewing habits.
- Web Beacons or Pixels. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies such as web beacons or pixel tags, which can be embedded in web pages, videos, or emails, to collect certain types of information from your browser or device, check whether you have viewed a particular web page, ad, or email message, and determine, among other things, the time and date on which you viewed the Content, the IP address of your computer, and the URL of the web page from which the Content was viewed.
- Mobile Device Identifiers and Software Development Kits (“SDKs”). We may use or work with third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information, such as advertising identifiers (e.g., “ad-ID” or “IDFA”) and information related to how mobile devices interact with the SET TV Services. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. A mobile SDK is in effect the mobile app version of a pixel tag or beacon. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with Content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
- Account and Profile Data from Third-Party Services. If you choose to log-in, access or otherwise connect to the SET TVServices, or contact SET BROADCAST, through a third-party service (such as Facebook), we may, for example, collect your user ID and user name associated with that service, as well as any information you make public using that service. We may also collect information you have authorized the service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, pages you have “liked” and other account and profile data).
- Third-Party Data. We may collect information about you from other sources, such as data aggregators, public databases, and our business partners. Examples of this may include information (whether identified, de-identified or anonymous, and whether collected online or offline) about your interests, demographic data, purchasing behavior, and your activities online (such as websites visited and advertisements viewed).
- Use of Information We Collect
Use in General. We use the information we collect from or about you in order to help deliver a first-class user experience. Our use of this information may include the following:
- providing the SET TV Services;
- contacting you, including for promotional purposes;
- customizing the Content and advertising you view and evaluating how well the Content and advertising perform;
- identifying Content, you share;
- customizing recommendations;
- conducting research;
- compiling aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing potentially illegal or harmful activities, including fraud;
- protecting your and our rights;
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
Use of Payment Information. We use payment information, such as credit card numbers and billing ZIP code, to help provide the SET TV Services. For example, we use payment information to process payments from a subscriber (we use a third-party payment processor to do this), to retrieve account information for a subscriber, to determine whether a subscriber is eligible for promotions, and to detect abuse of the SET TV Services.
Use of Precise Location Data. In order to access certain SET TV Services from your mobile device, you may be required to share your device’s precise location data (e.g., latitude and longitude) with us. In addition to providing you with certain SET TV Services, this also enables us to serve you Content related to your local area such as news and sports, depending on your subscription. This data may also be used to tailor advertising to you based on your location. To learn more about your choices with respect to our collection and use of precise location data, please see the information we have provided in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”).
- Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share information collected from or about you with third parties as explained further below, including business partners, social networking services, service providers, advertisers, and other companies that are not affiliated with SET TV.
Business Partners. We work with a number of business partners who help us offer the SET TV Services, including, for example, our content programmers, distributors, and corporate owners. We may share information collected from or about you with such business partners.
Social Networking Services. When you choose to share information with social networking services about your activities on the SET TV Services, including shows you watch or like on SET TV, information about you and your activities will be shared with that social network.
Sharing with Facebook. In addition to SET TV collecting certain information from Facebook (as described in Section 2 (“Information We Collect”), if you connect your SET TV and Facebook accounts, you may choose to share information about your activities on the SET TV Services with Facebook and its users, including publishing shows you watch to Facebook. If you visit SET TV while logged into Facebook, then Facebook may be able to identify your browser and associate the technical information provided by your web browser with other information that Facebook already has about you. In addition, when you choose to share information about your activities on the SET TV Services with Facebook, SET TV may send information about you to Facebook. Facebook may make that information visible to Facebook users in accordance with applicable law, Facebook’s data policy, and your Facebook privacy settings. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with Facebook’s data policy and privacy controls.
Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you with companies that provide services to us and our business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (e.g., to facilitate our targeted advertising and marketing efforts), account management, hosting, customer and technical support, marketing (e.g., email, online or direct mail communications) and other services.
Your Browsers and Devices. We may work with service providers who use information collected from or about you to help us identify the browsers and devices you use for various purposes, including for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and measurement purposes. For example, these service providers (along with SET TV) may use your activity on one browser or device to serve you with more tailored advertising on another browser or device. In connection with your use of browsers and devices, please note that certain opt out choices you have as described in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”) apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out.
Advertisers and Advertising-Related Service Providers. We may share the information collected from or about you in encrypted, aggregated, or de-identified forms with advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our business partners in order to tailor advertisements, measure and improve advertising effectiveness, and enable other enhancements. This information includes your use of the SET TV Services, websites you visited, advertisements you viewed, and your other activities online.
Audience Measurement Providers. Our business partners, such as content programmers, as well as our advertisers, seek to measure the performance of their creative material across many platforms, including the SET TV Services. Accordingly, SET TV may permit the use of third-party measurement software that enables third parties (such as Nielsen) to include your viewing on the SET TV Services in calculating measurement statistics such as TV Ratings. To learn more about your choices with respect to Nielsen measurement software, please see the information we have provided in Section 7 (“Your Choices, Including Opt-Out Options”).
Third Parties in Connection with Certain Transactions. If we sell all or part of our business, make a transfer of assets, or otherwise might be involved in a change of control transaction, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer information from or about you to one or more third parties as part of the transaction, including the due diligence process.
- Security and Account Access
We use a variety of physical, technical, and administrative measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, and modification. For example, we take steps to limit access to sensitive information from or about you to those SET TV employees, agents, and contractors who have a legitimate business reason to access such information. We also use measures like encryption and hashing to help protect sensitive information when in transmission.
Despite these efforts, please note that there is always a possibility that a breach in data transmission or storage may occur. We want you to feel confident in our security when using the SET TV Services, but we cannot guarantee the security of any information from or about you 100% of the time. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s website for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
Please note that if you allow others to use your account (including others you permit to set up profiles under your account), they may be able to view information about your account or any of the profiles under your account, including information about the videos you view and your email address.
Children under 18 years of age are not permitted to register with SET TV. The SET TV Services are not intended to be used by children without involvement and approval of a parent or guardian.
- Third-Party Access Points, Devices, and Links
The SET TV Services may be provided through third-party websites, applications and other means of access operated by other companies (collectively, “Third-Party Access Points”). For example, you can access the SET TV Services through websites of our distributors. In addition, you may launch a Third-Party Access Point using various devices such as mobile devices and Living Room Devices. The SET TV Services also may contain links to third-party websites or applications. None of these Third-Party Access Points, devices, websites or applications are operated by us, even if they contain our name or logo, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of their operators. Accordingly, we recommend that you review their privacy policies.
- Deleting Your SET BROADCAST Account
- Applicable Law
SET TV is headquartered in the U.S. and the SET TV Services are intended for users in the U.S. By viewing any Content or otherwise using the SET TV Services, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. to the extent applicable, and the collection, storage, and processing of information under U.S. laws.
- Questions/Contacting Us
SET TV- Attention: Legal Department